The Ruger AR-556 is a rock solid, affordable AR15 that is perfect for beginners or anyone looking for a solid basic platform to customize. Beginning with the solid foundation of forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers, the AR-556 makes use of a shot-peened and proof-tested 9310 steel bolt, and 8620 steel bolt carrier for strength and durability.
The inside diameter of the carrier and gas key are chrome plated to resist corrosion and the key is staked for longevity. A Carbine length gas system improves balance and reliability. The heart of the AR-556 is an accurate, medium contour, cold hammer-forged threaded barrel with 1:8″ twist and 5 grove rifling with M4 feed ramps and topped with a 1/2″-28 Ruger® flash suppressor.
Target acquisition comes through and adjustable A2 front post sight and Adjustable Ruger Rapid Deploy rear sight. The forward handguard is made from heat resistant glass filled nylon. Out back, a six-position, telescoping, M4-style buttstock allows the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear. An enlarged trigger guard surrounds a single stage trigger. Other standard features include a brass deflector and dust cover. One (1) 30 round magazine included.
- A2-style front and Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight.
- Shot-peened and proof-tested 9310 steel bolt, and 8620 steel bolt carrier.
- The inside diameter of the carrier and gas key are chrome plated.
- Carbine length gas system for reliable operation.
- Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control.
- Six-position, telescoping, M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters.
- Medium contour, cold hammer-forged alloy barrel with 1:8″ twist rifling provides exceptional accuracy.
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / .223 Rem
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy
- Receiver/Finish: Forged 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum/Type III Hard-Coat Anodized
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Barrel Type: Threaded, medium contour, cold hammer-forged alloy
- Grooves: 5
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Stock: Black Synthetic, Collapsible
- Handguard: Glass-Filled Nylon
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 6.5 lb.
- Overall Length: 32.25″ – 35.50″
- Length of Pull: 10.25″ – 13.50″
- Capacity: 30
WHATS IN THE BOX
- Ruger AR-556 rifle
- (1) 30 round magazine
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual